Product DescriptionA simple, proven-effective formula for freeing yourself from debt—and staying that way • Revised and updated, with a new Preface by the author
“A must read for anyone wanting to get their head above water.”—The Wall Street Journal
THE CLASSIC GUIDE, REVISED WITH UP-TO-THE-MINUTE INFORMATION
OUT OF THE RED
• Do this month’s bills pile up before you’ve paid last month’s?
• Do you regularly receive past-due notices?
• Do you get letters threatening legal action if immediate payment is not made?
• Do the total amounts of your revolving charge accounts keep rising?
INTO THE BLACK
Whether you are currently in debt or fear you’re falling into debt, you are not alone. Sixty million Americans—from doctors to secretaries, from executives to the unemployed—face the same problem and live under the same daily stress. Based on the proven techniques of the national Debtors Anonymous program, here is the first complete, step-by-step guide to getting out of debt once and for all. You’ll learn
• how to recognize the warning signs of serious debt
• how to negotiate with angry creditors, collection agencies, and the IRS
• how to design a realistic and painless payback schedule
• how to identify your spending blind spots
• how to cope with the anxiety and daily pressures of owing money
• plus the three cardinal rules for staying out of debt forever, and much more!
This book is neither sponsored nor endorsed by Debtors Anonymous. A recovered debtor, the author is intimately familiar with the success of the Debtors Anonymous program.
Amazon.com ReviewMillions of consumers have become trapped in a spiral of debt, but there is hope. If you wants to free yourself from the shackles of debt, this book is for you–it can help you “get out of debt, stay out of debt, and live prosperously.” Jerrold Mundis writes in a friendly, engaging style, urging readers to stop the cycle of spending. Mundis knows what he’s talking about–he, too, was once thousands of dollars in debt and didn’t know where to turn. Anecdotes from Debtors Anonymous folks, plus multiple examples from the writer’s own life and ledgers, make How to Get Out of Debt an encouraging read, not a condescending one. Once you start your program, you may want to periodically reread some chapters for inspiration–and fun.
- How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, and Live Prosperously*: Based on the Proven Principles and Techniques of Debtors Anonymous